Want to Take Phen-Pro
Posted: 08 May 2011 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-05-08

I would love to try phen-pro but am rather nervous about it as there doesn’t seem to be too much information on the internet especially from those who are or have been on it. I would like to know what the side effects are and how safe it is to use since this is an off-label usage. I have read whatever I have found on this site as well as Dr. Anchors and a few others, but there is not much current activity on phen-pro on these sites. I am wondering why?

In addition, I called a NY and NJ doctor listed on Dr.Anchors site and these doctors seem to be shying away from prescribing the combination. Both offices said that they use Phentermine and the NY office said that they have not found the combo to work any better than the Phentermine alone. How do I find another competent doctor in the NY/NJ/CT area who will prescribe phen-pro who is not some third rate doctor just looking to make money off of desperate fatties?

Posted: 08 May 2011 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2004-03-12

Suss,

I would suggest that you ask Michael Anchors, MD PhD in the Discussion Forum on his site, www.phenpro.com.

He has treated something like 8,000 patients using this phen-pro, so he is the expert to ask.

You might also ask him about using phentermine plus 5-HTP.

At one point I think he said he felt that phentermine plus 5-HTP worked as well as phentermine plus Prozac.

Larry Hobbs

Posted: 13 August 2011 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-08-12
Suss - 08 May 2011 10:15 PM

I would love to try phen-pro but am rather nervous about it as there doesn’t seem to be too much information on the internet especially from those who are or have been on it. ... but there is not much current activity on phen-pro on these sites. I am wondering why?

I realize this message was posted several months ago, but when I came across it today, it grabbed my attention and I felt compelled to respond.  This topic has been on my mind a LOT lately, and it’s about time I finally chime in here on the subject! 

My initial gut response to Suss’ question, was “I can tell you why, honey! Because no one wants to admit they take diet pills!  Not even Jane Fonda, until a book publisher would pay her to put it down in print!”  Remember the Legally Blonde plot twist, where the health and fitness guru would rather go to trial for murder than be exposed for taking diet pills (or was it getting lipo?).  I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s based on a true story! 

I think there are a few reasons you are not finding the personal stories & information you are looking for:

1. People are concerned about the diet pill “stigma” and even though they may be getting great results, they don’t publically admit using Phentermine or Phentermine Combos.  I still often find myself reluctant to tell people about my own best kept “health and beauty secret.”  I’ve lost about 30 pounds on a medical weight loss program in California called Weight No More.  When I first lost the weight, I could not wait to tell people how I did it! When someone asked how I lost it, to my great surprise, many would react strangely when I answered them honestly.  I still don’t know if the issue was “it costs money.”  or the person has had a bad experience in the past at some run-down diet clinic and now thinks they are all like that?

For sure, the key is to find a good doctor.  I lucked out.  I live in So Calif, where Dr. Skversky (the doctor who was on the Dr. Oz Show on this topic earlier this year) has two offices http://www.weightnomore.com All I can say is this: Just like every other woman I know, I gained weight when I turned 40 and simply could not lose it.  At 47, I tried this program and finally dropped the 30 pounds I could not lose all through my 40’s.  I just turned 50, and I’m still down 25 pounds. (Just got back from vacation).  Without a doubt, it is worth the cost of the medication, which is not all that much.  I had high blood pressure when I started, and now it is in normal range.  Turning 50, I’m sure, was a lot less emotionally painful, than if I had faced it feeling heavy and helpless to do anything about it. (One friend, followed my lead, and also joined.  She lost 40 pounds and has also kept it off for 3 years).

2. You may be searching strictly under the term “phen-pro” which is very limiting because there are many people who take Phentermine in combination with Prozac or another brand of Anti-Depressant (such as Lexapro or Celexa)who have never even heard of the term “Phen-Pro.”  I believe that is a term coined by Dr. Anchors, for his particular dosage/combo of phentermine and prozac.  (I don’t know exactly but that’s my understanding).  There are many doctors across the country who prescribe similar combination drug therapy, I don’t think they are even legally allowed to use the term Phen-Pro, unless they are affiliated with Dr. Anchors. (Am I right about this?) 

I’m sure there is a link on this site to the Association of Bariatric Doctors who prescribe combination medications for weight loss. It’s a little bit confusing, because most people associate Bariatric Physicians with doctors who do lap-band type surgery.  But this is not the case.  Bariatric Doctors are MDs who specialize in treating overweight patients or “the condition of overweight” , not just weight loss surgery.

Finally, I hope other women (and men) who have had found medication helpful in controlling their weight; I sure wish they would have the guts to speak up more often. It’s really doing a disservice to other people struggling with weight their entire lives .. to keep pretending that we are achieving it by simply hitting the gym.  It’s really quite cruel, isn’t it?  We owe it to eachother to be truthful with people suffering through this painful situation, and share the solution if you know it.

Whew! I’ll say the topic was on my mind! Sorry! Lecture over.  I hope someone finds some useful information in my first post here!

Posted: 13 August 2011 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-03-12

Michelle,

Thank you very much for sharing your story.

I like Dr. Skversky a lot because he is straight-forward and honest.

You are exactly right that people do NOT like to admit to using diet pills.

Larry Hobbs

Posted: 20 December 2011 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-12-20

Suss,
I did the phenpro program based off of the information I got from Dr. Anchors’ website and his books. I was already taking 50mg zoloft from my doctor, I added 37.5mg of phentermine from a local weightloss clinic. I lost 15lbs in two months then plataued. I added the 5-HTP as Dr. Anchors suggested but the weightloss never picked back up. I gained the weight back about 8 months later. Of course I was informing Dr. Anchors of these changes but he had no other ideas or options for me.  I am now trying to learn more about how Dr Skeverky’s program works. Since I live in TN, I am no where near Temecula, CA. Any information on how he adds Topomax to the anti-depressant/phentermine combo would be great.

Posted: 20 December 2011 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-03-12

KJ78,

An article about how Dr. Skversky uses phentermine plus Topamax is posted here:

http://fatnews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/4353

I would post the question as a comment to that article.

Once it is posted, I ask Dr. Skversky to answer your questions so that everyone else benefits from it also.

——

Other articles regarding Dr. Skversky are posted here:

http://fatnews.com/index.php/weblog/C493

Posted: 21 December 2011 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-20

Thanks Larry, I will post to the article. I wasn’t aware that Dr. Skeversky was responding to questions… that’s great.

Posted: 26 December 2011 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-20
Larry Hobbs - 20 December 2011 08:52 PM

KJ78,

An article about how Dr. Skversky uses phentermine plus Topamax is posted here:

http://fatnews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/4353

I would post the question as a comment to that article.

Once it is posted, I ask Dr. Skversky to answer your questions so that everyone else benefits from it also.

——

Other articles regarding Dr. Skversky are posted here:

http://fatnews.com/index.php/weblog/C493

Happy Holidays Mr. Hobbs,
I’ve tried several times to post to the article as you suggest but I keep getting an error that says to enter your name and email. There is no where to do that, only the little code and if you’d like to be notified by email of a response, etc.  Rather I choose one of these options or not, I still get the same error.  Please advise.

Posted: 26 December 2011 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-03-12

KJ78,

Thanks for letting me know.

The software that drives the site was recently updated, so it is probably an error from the upgrade.

I will report this and have it fixed.

Thanks.

Larry Hobbs

Posted: 13 March 2012 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-13

I would like to know what the results are and how welcoming it is to usage since this is an off-label custom. I have inspect whatever I have got on this internet site as well as Dr. Anchors and a few others, but there is not much present sport on phen-pro on these sites.