Thinking of doing Dr. Joan Mathews Larson’s Health Recovery Center
Posted: 09 May 2011 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-05-08

Larry,

I didn’t know how to get hold of you, so I figured I would try this.  I am strongly thinking of going to Larson’s Clinic in Minneapolis this summer.  I was going to ask you a few questions about it and wanted to see if you recommended her.  I heard she was the best, but there are several other programs out there as well.  My main issues are anxiety and depression. 

Thanks you for your help,

Ben

Posted: 09 May 2011 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2004-03-12

Ben,

I highly recommend Dr. Larson.

She is the best of the best.

I would send everyone to her if they can go.

She is a pioneer in this field.

She does testing for everything so that she has objective proof as to what is wrong, and then after you are given the appropriate treatment, then she can test you again to show that the abnormal values have been corrected.

She said in one of her speeches that some doctors who have opened clinics to try and do what she does, want to skip the tests, but she says that it is very important to do the tests so you know exactly what you are dealing with in each case.

She also noted that some doctors don’t do some of the older tests, such as testing for hypoglycemia by doing a 5-Hour Glucose Tolerance Test, because they have moved onto more glorious things, but again, she says it is essential to do all of these tests.

Modern psychiatry / modern medicine does NO lab tests.

They mean well, but they have been fooled by the drug companies, through the guidelines put out by the American Psychiatric Association which are written by key opinion leaders who have been paid by the drug companies, to diagnose everything from a book, and have been convinced that drugs are the answer for all of these problems.

But this is dead wrong.

People given antidepressants do WORSE in the long run than those given NO drugs at all as discussed in Robert Whitaker’s book “Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America”.

Abram Hoffer, MD PhD, noted the exact same thing about antipsychotic drugs about 40 years ago—that schizophrenics given them did WORSE in the long run than those NOT given drugs.

So this should not be a surprise by anyone, but most people, including most doctors and psychiatrists, are not familiar with the older research showing this, and instead have been fooled into believing that drugs are miracle cures, but they are not.

Drugs are NOT the answer for psychiatric problems.

Here is contact info for Dr. Larson.

If you have questions, I would call and talk to her.

I also like the reason that Dr. Larson got into the field.

She did so after her son committed suicide after getting out of a hospital-based Talk Therapy program to treat drug and alcohol problems he developed after her husband / his father died suddenly of a heart attack.

She thought the Talk Therapy would cure him, but instead, because they made him admit all the mistakes in his life, it could be argued that it pushed him over the edge.

She thought there must be a better way, and so, began reading everything she could, and found the research of famous American Biochemist, Roger Williams, PhD.

She opened her clinic in 1980 with her last few dollars to help people with drug and alcohol problems.

She then found that just about everyone who walked through her door also had anxiety and depression.

So she started treating people with anxiety and depression also.

She realized that both drug and alcohol problems, as well as anxiety and depression, are both caused by underlying biochemical glitches that cause people to fell anxious or depressed.

People with drug and alcohol problems have found that they can temporarily relieve their anxiety and depression by the use of drugs or alcohol.

This is why they crave drugs and alcohol, in order to relieve their anxiety and depression.

Joan is the best.

Here is her contact info.

Joan Mathews Larson, PhD
Health Recovery Center
3255 Hennepin Av S
Minneapolis, MN 55408 USA

1-800-554-9155 phone toll-free
(612) 827-7800 phone
(612) 827-1948 fax

Hours: 9:00 AM - 8:30 PM (CST)
Monday thru Friday

http://www.joanmathewslarson.com/
http://www.healthrecovery.com/
hrc@healthrecovery.com

—————

If you go see her, let me know how you do.

Larry Hobbs

Posted: 09 May 2011 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-03-12

Ben,

In the meantime, I would also encourage you to go to Dr. Larson’s site and read about anxiety and depression, and it’s causes and treatments.

Here is her site:

http://www.joanmathewslarson.com/

You can also do a Google search for specific terms and limit it to here site by doing a Google search like this:

“pyroluria site:joanmathewslarson.com”

or

“hypoglycemia site:joanmathewslarson.com”

or

“food allergies site:joanmathewslarson.com”

——-

Larry Hobbs

Posted: 10 May 2011 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-08

Larry,

Thank you so much for your info, I really do appreciate it.  I am going to give them a call today and see what I can set up.  I had a couple of questions if you don’t mind?  The first one is, I have a very high stress job.  It’s a new one at that, although I’m with the same company - I just took a lateral.  I have about 6 months of sick leave so no worries there, but I have some fear and anxiety about telling my new boss that I need to take 6 weeks off to do the program.  I would have to file for FMLA.  How would you explain it to them?  I think Dr. Larson has a MD on staff who could write me the letter.

The second thing is I was narrowing down Dr. Larson’s program and another program, the Alternative to Meds Center out in Arizona.  One of my biggest issues is detox.  I haven’t been on any drugs, alcohol at all - ever.  I also have not been on any prescription psychotropic medications for about 4 years now.  I found the orthomolecular way of life and Dr. Larson as well through a company and product called Truehope.  I tried Truehope for about 3 months and it was incredible - but after about the two month mark the old meds stored in me started coming out and it was AWFUL.  I had terrible anxiety, and just felt sick all the time.  These meds stay in you a long time! I quit the Truehope product and then found about Dr. Larson by watching your youtube videos.  My question is, Dr. Larson uses IV Chelation for her detox and the ATMC uses far infrared saunas. Which is better?  I feel one of my most important areas for improvement are heavy metal release and a heavy detox to get all the stored meds out of me.  Then I can do biochemical repair.  As you can tell, I’ve done a lot of research on this - I am so very close Larry…....

Thank you so much for your help and what you do, I feel this is the way of the future.

Posted: 10 May 2011 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-03-12

Ben,

You’re welcome.

I’m not sure what to tell your boss. You might ask Dr. Larson if she has any suggestions.

I don’t know anything about “Alternative to Meds Center” in Arizona, or about the use of infrared saunas.

The problem with TrueHope is that it is just a guess as to what might help someone.

If a person felt anxious or depressed because of food allergies, a product like like TrueHope could not possibly solve the problem.

If a person felt anxious or depressed because of hypoglycemia, a product like like TrueHope could not possibly solve the problem.

Or if a person felt anxious or depressed because of a chemical sensitivity to something at home or where they worked, a product like TrueHope could not possibly solve the problem.

Dr. Larson told a very interesting story of a man who became unbearable for his wife to live with and he came to Dr. Larson’s center with his wife to try and figure out what was wrong.

Dr. Larson asked him what he did for a living.

He said he refinished furniture.

Dr. Larson asked how long he had been doing this.

He said something like 5 years.

Dr. Larson asked his wife how long her husband had been this way—so unpleasant.

His wife said something like, “It was right around the time he started working at this place refinishing furniture…” and a light came on in the wife’s eyes.

It turned out that they guy had chemical sensitivities to the chemicals he was working with.

So with a problem like this, a product like TrueHope or saunas could not solve the problem.

The only way to solve it would be to recognize it, and then avoid those chemicals.

Dr. Larson also notes that what you keep OUT of your body is more important than what you put in your body.

I can relate to this because I’ve had food allergies for 24 years.

I feel 10 times better or 10 times worse depending on what I eat.

If I did not recognize this, I could take every supplement in the world trying to fix the problem, but none of these supplements would help until I simply stopped eating the foods that I am allergic to.

Good luck and let me know how you do.

Larry Hobbs

Posted: 18 May 2011 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-08

Larry,

Thank you for the information.  I am definitely going to go up and see her, maybe this summer.  I just worry about what I am going to tell the people at work.  I have 6 months of sick leave, but I mean what do you tell them?  I know under the new FMLA rules they don’t have a choice - but I am worried about it.  I definitely think I have some issues, definitely heavy metal poisoning and I think maybe pyoluria.

Again, thank you for your help - I’m sorry it took so long to respond.  I’ll let you know.

Ben

Posted: 18 May 2011 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-03-12

Ben,

Thanks for letting me know.

Good luck and let us hear about your experience after you go.

Larry Hobbs

Posted: 20 May 2011 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-08

Larry,

Thanks and I will let you know.

I was going to ask you, have you met anyone who has gone to the HRC?

I am excited but nervous.  Thank you for all that you do Larry.

Posted: 22 May 2011 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-03-12

Ben,

No, I have not met anyone who has been to Health Recovery Center.

Larry Hobbs

Posted: 06 December 2011 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-03-12

I consider Dr. Larson to be the best of the best.

I think she is better than all the rest.

I would choose her above everyone else.

She does what she does because her son committed suicide in the 1970’s.

She wants to help people.

She has been doing this since 1980—for 31 years at this point.

Others have tried to copy her, but, as she has noted, some people no longer test for certain things that she tests for such as hypoglycemia, because they have moved onto more glorious things, but she notes it is very important to do all of this testing so you know exactly what is wrong and can fix it.

I would send everyone to her with anxiety, depression and other psychiatric problems, as well as everyone with drug and alcohol problems.

I am glad to see that doctors like Daniel Amen, MD, who has been on Public TV in the US for the past 5 years or so, does brain scans of people who are anxious and depressed to try and distinguish between different types of depression, but I think brain scans will fail to find all kinds of things that Dr. Larson will find such as hypoglycemia, food allergies, pyroluria, high or low levels of histamine, etc.

It seems to me that brain scans like Dr. Amen does will NEVER be able to detect these things.

That is one reason I consider Dr. Larson’s program to be head and shoulders better than Dr. Amen’s brain scans at figuring out what is wrong with someone and correcting the problem.

If you look at the video of Dr. Larson where she shows the Before and After picture of the women, it is staggering.

I’ll bet there is not even one psychiatrist who is giving patients drugs who has ever seen a patient improve so much.

If doctors and patients were shown these Before and After pictures, and how dramatic the changes were, I imagine that everyone would try her methods and they would throw the drugs away.