fatnews.com

SEARCH

Monday, February 27, 2017

MEDITERANIAN DIET

Consumption of olive oil, raw vegetables, soups and poultry associated with 50% lower risk of death

The one-fourth of elderly people consuming a diet with the most olive oil, raw vegetables (especially lettuce and tomatoes), soups and poultry were 50% less likely to die than the one-fourth of people consuming the least of these foods according to a study following 5611 Italian elderly subjects, over the age of 60, for 6 years.

Read the entire article | Email this article
Posted by Admin2 on Mon, Feb 27, 2017 2:39 pm | [0] comments

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

MEDITERRANEAN DIET

Mediterranean diet supplemented with extra-virgin olive oil reduces death by 18% over 4.8 years

People at high risk of cardiovascular disease, but with no cardiovascular disease at enrollment, who were randomly assigned to eat a Mediterranean diet supplemented with extra-virgin olive oil were 18% less likely to die during an average follow-up of 4.8 years compared to people assigned to the control group who were recommended to eat less fat, although the difference was not statistically significant.

There was an 85% chance that the difference was due to the differences in diet, and a 15% chance that the difference was due to random chance.

(It’s good enough for me.)

Read the entire article | Email this article
Posted by Admin2 on Tue, Oct 04, 2016 7:29 am | [0] comments
Follow @fatnews

QUICKLINKS AND VIEW OPITONS

  • Categories of Articles
  • Summary View
  • Headline View
  • Archive of Quotes
  • Contact Us
  • QUOTE OF THE DAY

    Books by Larry Hobbs available on Amazon

    Book cover for The Case Against Statins

    © Copyright 2003-2021 - Larry Hobbs - All Rights Reserved.