fatnews.com Fatnews Bitchute Channel Link Home page  >  Article | Previous article | Next article

• Tea inhibits carbohydrate absorption by 25%

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:10 am Email this article
    A mixture of 100 mg of black tea extract, 100 mg of green tea extract and 1,000 mg of mulberry tea extract decreased carbohydrate absorption by 25 percent according to a new study. Inhibits Fat Absorption

Other studies, but not this one, found some teas inhibit fat absorption

Another study found that oolong tea inhibits fat absorption by inhibiting pancreatic lipase, which is the enzyme that is necessary to absorb fat, in a dose-dependent fashion.

The current study found no evidence that at the mixture and doses they used had any effect on fat absorption.

I suspect the difference is probably due to the different doses that were used.

Inhibits Fat Production

Other studies found tea inhibits fat production

Other studies have found that theaflavins in tea inhibit fatty acid synthase, the enzyme necessary to create fat in the body.

REFERENCE

Zhong L, Furne J, Levitt M. An extract of black, green, and mulberry teas causes malabsorption of carbohydrate but not of triacylglycerol in healthy volunteers. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Sep, 84(3):551-55.

AUTHOR’S CONTACT INFORMATION

NatureGen Inc
    San Diego, CA, USA

and

Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA

COMMENTS

On Oct 09, 2006 at 2:02 pm caddie wrote:

If the active substances are hard to extract, what do you think about actually eating the tea leaves? I find that oolong leaves, after brewing, make a nice chewy addition to casseroles, for instance.

On Oct 09, 2006 at 4:59 pm Larry Hobbs wrote:

Caddie,

I am not aware that it is difficult to extract the ingredients. I am only aware that they are not absorbed in the gut very well.

Personally, I would not eat tea leaves. I don't know if they are harmful or not.

If they had medicinal benefits, I would think that they Chinese or Japanese would eat them, but I am not aware that they do.

On Oct 10, 2006 at 2:10 am caddie wrote:

One of the links you posted said that 4 to 10 times more of the active ingredient is extracted with a solvent, as compared to with boiling water, so that's why I raised this.

The Japanese drink powdered matcha and sencha green teas, which I assume are a powdered version of the entire tea leaf.

On Oct 10, 2006 at 2:49 am Larry Hobbs wrote:

Caddie,

Regarding extraction...

If it were me and I wanted more of the active ingredient, rather than eating the leaves, I would simply drink 2 or 3 cups of tea rather than one.

You may be right about the powdered teas that the Japanese drink, but tea becomes extremely bitter if the leaf is steeped too long. I don't know how they would avoid this if a powdered version was simply added to water.

Thanks for the information, Caddie.

On Oct 10, 2006 at 3:14 am caddie wrote:

Larry -- it must depend on the type of tea. I don't find oolong bitter no matter how long I steep it (I use loose leaves, not a tea bag). But I know what you mean about some teas.

By the way, here's an interesting site, even if it's not scientific: http://www.culture-dome.or.jp/FS-E/NUMBERS/FS19/page02-e.htm

(sorry, not sure how to make that into a URL link)

Comments: