QUICKLINKS AND VIEW OPITONS
People following Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program for one year lost 15.6%
Monday, November 06, 2006 4:04 am Email this article
"A commercial weight loss program can be an effective weight loss tool for individuals who remain active in the program," concludes a study by researchers from The Cooper Institute in Dallas, Texas and others. Subjects
Subjects : 60,164 people enrolling in Jenny Craig in one year
The study looked at the 60,164 mena and women who enrolled in the Jenny Craig commercial weight loss program between May 2001 and May 2002.
Dropouts and Weight Loss
One month drop outs: 27%
The dropout rate was quite high.
After one month, 73 percent continued with the program.
Three month dropouts : 58%
After three months, 42 percent remained with the program.
Three month weight loss : 8.3%
At this point, after three months, the average weight loss was 8.3 percent of body weight.
Six month dropouts : 78%
After six months, only 22 percent remained in the program; 78 percent had dropped out.
Six Month Weight Loss : 12.6%
The average weight loss after six months was 12.6 percent of body weight.
One year dropouts : 93.4%
After one year, 93.4 percent of people had dropped out, leaving only 6.6 percent in the program.
One Year Weight Loss : 15.6%
However, after one year, the average weight loss was 15.6 percent of body weight.
Finley C, Barlow C, Greenway F, Rock C, Rolls BJ, Blair S. Retention rates and weight loss in a commercial weight loss program. Int J Obes (Lond). 2006 Jun 6.
The Cooper Institute
Center for Epidemiologic Research
Dallas, TX, USA
Articles on the same subject can be found here:
Please feel free to share your comments about this article.
© Copyright 2003-2017 - Larry Hobbs - All Rights Reserved.