QUICKLINKS AND VIEW OPITONS
Predicted weight loss: 198 lbs man reducing calorie intake by 500 calories per day is 53 lbs
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:26 am Email this article
The predicted weight loss for a 40-year-old, 198 pound sedentary man who does not change his physical activity, but reduces his calorie intake is as follows according to a new model by Kevin D. Hall and Peter N. Jordan from the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, USA:
- 100 calories per day is roughly 12 lbs
- 200 calories per day is roughly 23 lbs
- 300 calories per day is roughly 33 lbs
- 400 calories per day is roughly 43 lbs
- 500 calories per day is roughly 53 lbs
- 600 calories per day is roughly 62 lbs
Hall KD, Jordan PN. Modeling weight-loss maintenance to help prevent body weight regain. AJCN. 2008 Dec, 88(6):1459-68.
AUTHOR’S CONTACT INFORMATION
Kevin D. Hall
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
National Institutes of Health
12A South Drive, Room 4007
Bethesda, MD 20892-5621 USA
Articles on the same subject can be found here:
Please feel free to share your comments about this article.
© Copyright 2003-2021 - Larry Hobbs - All Rights Reserved.