Janet Downing cures her son with schizophrenia for 10 years with niacin, Abram Hoffer, MD, PhD

Saturday, December 27, 2014 11:45 am Email this article
    In this audio clip from 2005, Janet Downing, a mother, tells how she successful treated her 25-year-old son of schizophrenia using Dr. Hoffer's nutritional therapy which includes large doses of niacin.
    Although her son had been diagnosed 10 years earlier, the treatment worked from the first dose.

Dr. Hoffer discovered this back in the 1950’s, but modern psychiatry has failed to recognize this.

COMMENTS

On Oct 23, 2010 at 4:54 am Maureen wrote:

Would like to contact Janet Downing to consult with her about this. Would like to know more.

On Jul 24, 2011 at 12:15 pm Fran Karry wrote:

This is for Maureen,

My son has had schizophrenia for 13 years.

How did you heilp him?

Thankyou.
    Fran

On Jul 24, 2011 at 12:31 pm Larry Hobbs wrote:

Maureen and Fran,

I don't have contact info for Janet Downing, the mother who is speaking about curing her son with schizophrenia.

I would contact the International Schizophrenia Foundation and ask if they have Janet's contact info.

International Schizophrenia Foundation
    16 Florence Avenue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2N lE9

(416) 733-2117
 phone
    (416) 733-2352
 fax

Sohpia Ma
    .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

I would both call and email.

I've emailed in the past, and did not receive a response.

I would ask them if they know of any doctors in your area who might be able to help someone with schizophrenia with the natural approach that Dr. Hoffer used.

Dr. Hoffer told some very interesting things in speeches he gave about schizophrenics.

For example, he said that most schizophrenics have food allergies, and told about one dramatic experience of someone who was found to have a milk allergy, stopped milk, and then thought he could consume it again, but within hours, had a psychotic episode.

Larry Hobbs

On Jul 24, 2011 at 12:35 pm Larry Hobbs wrote:

Maureen and Fran,

If you are interested, you might also search for the work "schizophrenia" in the archives of the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine on their website here:

There are number of articles written by Abram Hoffer, MD, PhD who made many discoveries in this area.

Larry Hobbs

On Jul 25, 2011 at 11:15 am Maureen wrote:

Fran and Larry,

I called about 8 months ago and all they knew about her contact info was that she lived in Florida.

Found a couple of 'Janet Downing' but to no avail. Didn't know how to extend my search.

Is there a forum for parents or relatives of schizophrenics to share resources,experiences and information?

Maybe we can help each other.

Maureen

On Jul 25, 2011 at 11:27 am Admin2 wrote:

Maureen,

Thanks.

I don't know if there are any forums for parents or relatives of schizophrenics, although I have not looked.

Larry Hobbs

On Jul 25, 2011 at 11:52 am Maureen wrote:

Larry,

If there is none............How do we start one? Do you know?

Maureen

On Jul 25, 2011 at 12:25 pm Admin2 wrote:

Maureen,

The only way I know would be to start a website of your own.

SquareSpace.com is an easy way to start a website.

(I realize easy is relative.)

$12 per month.

I ASSUME they allow people to add comments to posts.

I ASSUME that they also allow you to add Discussion Forums to a site.

But you would have to ask them to be sure.

Larry Hobbs