QUICKLINKS AND VIEW OPITONS
Most common side effects from Contrave: Nausea 34%, headache 24%, constipation 24%, dizziness 15%
Friday, August 20, 2010 9:21 am Email this article
The most common side effects in people given Contrave (bupropion SR (Wellbutrin) plus naltrexone SR) were:
- Nausea reported by 34% of patients vs 11% in the placebo group
- Headache reported by 24% of patients vs 18%
- Constipation reported by 24% of patients vs 5%
- Dizziness reported by 15% of patients vs 5%
- Insomnia reported by 9% of patients vs 6%
- Dry mouth reported by 8% of patients vs 3%
- Anxiety reported by 5% of patients vs 4%
- Tremor reported by 6% of patients vs 1%
- Abdominal pain reported by 6% of patients vs 2%
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) reported by 5% of patients vs 1%
For additional information on this study, see here.
Wadden TA, Foreyt J, Foster G, Hill J, Klein S, O’Neil PM, Perri M, Pi-Sunyer FX, Rock C, Erickson J, Maier H, Kim D, Dunayevich E. Weight loss with naltrexone sr/bupropion sr combination therapy as an adjunct to behavior modification: The cor-bmod trial. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010 Jun 17, Epub ahead of print.
AUTHOR’S CONTACT INFORMATION
Thomas A. Wadden
Department of Psychiatry
Center for Weight and Eating Disorders
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Articles on the same subject can be found here:
Please feel free to share your comments about this article.
© Copyright 2003-2021 - Larry Hobbs - All Rights Reserved.