QUICKLINKS AND VIEW OPITONS
Cholesterol levels and saturated fat are NOT correlated with coronary heart disease, Dr. Kendrick
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:20 pm Email this article
Saturated fat intake is NOT correlated with cholesterol levels or coronary heart disease, and cholesterol levels are NOT correlated with coronary heart disease notes Dr. Malcolm Kendrick in this 4.5 minute video clip from the upcoming documentary "$29 Billion Reasons To Lie About Cholesterol".
Saturated Fat Intake
Saturated Fat Intake: France vs Lithuania: 15.4% vs 7.7% of calories
2.5 minutes into the video clip, Malcolm Kendrick, MD, author of The Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It , notes that saturated fat intake is:
- 15.4% of calories in France - twice as great as in Lithuania
- 7.7% of calories in Lithuania
Cholesterol Levels, France vs Lithuania: 228 vs 232 mg/dl (the same)
However, their cholesterol levels are almost the same
- 5.9 mmol per liter in France (228 mg/dl)
- 6.0 mmol per liter in Lithuania (232 mg/dl)
Rate of Heart Disease
Rate of Heart Disease, France vs Lithuania: 24 vs 200 per 100,000 per year
Dr. Kendrick notes that even though cholesterol levels are similar in France and Lithuania, the rate of heart disease in men under the age of 65 is 8-times greater in Lithuania than France (24 versus 200 per 100,000 per year in men under the age of 65).
The rate of heart disease in men under the age of 65 is
- 24 per 100,000 per year in France versus
- 200 per 100,000 per year in Lithuania—8-fold higher even though they eat LESS saturated fat and have the same cholesterol level
Conclusion: Saturated fat intake and cholesterol levels do NOT correlate with heart disease
Dr. Kendrick concludes by saying that when you look at the data, the idea that saturated fat raises cholesterol levels, or that cholesterol levels correlate with heart disease does NOT exist.
Ancel Keys Lied to Us About Saturated Fat and Cholesterol
Ancel Keys Only Chose Data from Countries that Fit His Hypothesis
Dr. Kendrick, Uffe Ravnskov, MD, PhD and others have pointed out that Ancel Keys, the American Scientist who pushed the idea that cholesterol levels correlate with coronary heart disease, and that replacing saturated fat with polyunsaturated fat could lower cholesterol levels and lower the risk of coronary heart disease, selectively chose data from seven (7) countries that fit his hypothesis, and ignored data from countries that did not fit his hypothesis.
This is how these universally-held false beliefs came to be.
Other Articles by Dr. Kendrick
Other articles by Malcolm Kendrick, MD
- Cholesterol levels from various countries do NOT correlate with Heart Disease, Malcolm Kendrick, MD
- How Risky Is A Risk? By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- Attacks on Atkins Diet are not scientific; it threatens the mainstream by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- The idea that HDL can remove cholesterol from a plaque is ridiculous by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- Statins For Children - This Is Madness by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, author of The Great Cholesterol Con
- Why The Atkins Diet Is Healthy By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- Another Stupid Commercially Overhyped Trial – Before Prescribing Look Again By Dr. Malcolm Ken
- Temporarily Able By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (The definition of health)
- What Tangled Webs We Weave By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (All research seems to be biased)
- A Small Ray Of Sunshine? By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (Drug companies sponsor medical societies)
- Too Little, Too Late By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (Bogus research lives in medical databases forever)
- The Death of the Reference By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (Why The Scientific Machine Is Close To Meltdown)
- Treating High Blood Pressure: What Can You Believe? By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- The New Hypertension Guidelines [as of 2003] By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- High Blood Pressure: It’s A Symptom, Not A Disease, Stupid! By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- Type II Diabetes Isn’t A Disease By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- Gosh, Really, You Don’t Say By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (Medical journals and drug companies)
- More Grist To The Mill By Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (Stress causes heart disease and diabetes)
- Reflections On Scientific Dogma by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- Time For A Conspiracy Theory Or Two by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (Drug companies & importation of drugs)
- ‘Armed and Dangerous’ – Wake up Call by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (Drug companies buy i
- Thank God He Didn’t Die Of Heart Disease Doctor Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- He Who Pays The Piper Calls The Tune by Malcolm Kendrick, MD
- “Cholesterol-Lowering” Has Ripped Its Guts Out But Will Not Sink by Malcolm Kendrick, MD
- The Constant Gardener, By Malcolm Kendrick, MD - Unethical practices of the drug industry
Malcolm Kendrick’s Email Address
Articles on the same subject can be found here:
Please feel free to share your comments about this article.
© Copyright 2003-2021 - Larry Hobbs - All Rights Reserved.