QUICKLINKS AND VIEW OPITONS
Statins do NOT increase life expectancy by even one day in the general population, Malcolm Kendrick
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:20 am Email this article
In normal, healthy people with elevated cholesterol levels who have not had a heart attack and do not have angina, statins do NOT increase life expectancy by even one day notes Dr. Malcolm Kendrick in the wonderful documentary Statin Nation.
“People want to know, ‘If I took a statin for 20 or 30… or 40 years… how much longer could I expect to live?’” Dr. Kendrick notes.
“What we do know is that in Primary Prevention [trials, that is in people who have not had a heart attack and do not have angina] there is NO life extension.”
“There is NO increase in life expectancy.”
“You will not live one day longer.”
“You might change what is written on the death certificate, but you won’t change the date.”
“So [with] primary prevention [there is] NO increase in life expectancy at all.”
Below is the quote of exactly what he said.
John Abramson, MD, from the Harvard Medical School and author of “Overdosed America” goes on to say the same thing, noting:
“For primary prevention it turns out that there is NO reduction in mortality.”
“There is NO reduction in the rate at which people have serious health events.”
“There IS a reduction in the rate at which people have heart attacks, but the reduction in heart attacks is compensated for by other serious illnesses.”
“The net effect is that you have NOT improved people’s health.”
—- John Abramson, MD,
Harvard Medical School and
author of Overdosed America: The Broken Promise of American Medicine
quote from the documentary Statin Nation
I encourage everyone who is interested in statins or heart disease to buy the Station Nation DVD and watch both the one-hour documentary as well as the two-hours of extended interviews.
You can buy the DVD here:
The DVD contains the one-hour documentary plus an additional two-hours of extended interviews with Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, Uffe Ravnskov, MD PhD and others.
I enjoyed the two-hours of extended interviews every bit as much as I enjoyed the documentary.
Dr. Malcolm Kendrick’s blog is here:
Other articles from Statin Nation
Other articles with more quotes from the movie Statin Nation
Other articles from the movie Statin Nation can be found here:
- Statins increase life expectancy by only 2 weeks in those with a heart attack, Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- Statins do NOT increase life expectancy by even one day in the general population, Malcolm Kendrick
- HIGHER cholesterol as associated with LONGER life, fewer infections and cancer, Uffe Ravnskov MD PhD
- Low cholesterol levels INCREASE the risk of cancer notes Uffe Ravnskov, MD, PhD
- Those who have LOW cholesterol levels are likely to die YOUNGER notes Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
- 8 of 9 panel members who wrote the cholesterol guidelines were paid by the drug companies
- Statin-induced side effects: depression, fatigue, memory loss, arrhythmia, Katherine Faraday, MD
- Statin side effects, 51-yr-old women: depression, amnesia, incredible fatigue, chest pain, insomnia
- Statin side effects: ‘Life was pretty unbearable’, constant pain, fatigue, did not feel well, Tony W
- LDL cholesterol binds to and inactivates bacteria and viruses, Uffe Ravnskov, MD, PhD
- Statins increase the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by 25-30% notes Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
Articles on the same subject can be found here:
Please feel free to share your comments about this article.
© Copyright 2003-2017 - Larry Hobbs - All Rights Reserved.