QUICKLINKS AND VIEW OPITONS
Why does modern medicine fail to consider nutritional therapies asks Jonathan Wright, MD
Saturday, November 28, 2009 3:40 pm Email this article
"Everything in nature including every bone, tissue, nerve and organ in your body is made up of naturally-occurring substances and nothing else."
"So why does modern medicine fail to consider these same substances as the very tools for restoring an ailing body to its original, healthy condition?"
"It seems the most elementary kind of reasoning to me and it makes me wonder why anyone would try to develop unnatural medicines
[ synthetic drugs ] in the first place."
-- Jonathan Wright, MD, author, researcher, doctor has been practicing and teaching about nutritional therapies for the prevention and treatment of disease for 40 years, http://www.tahoma-clinic.com Synthetic drugs vs nutritional treatments
How can synthetic drugs be as good as nutritional treatments for fixing the body?
“… the ‘medicine is money’ mentality [would like you to believe] that chemical compounds cooked up in a test tube [are] as good for permanent healing as those same substances that your body is aware of.”
—Jonathan Wright, MD
Dr. Wright, 40 years of experience with nutritional treatments
Dr. Wright has been practicing and teaching about nutritional treatments for 40 years
Jonathan Wright, MD, along with Alan Gaby, MD, is a Researcher and Developer of the Wright/Gaby Research Files which is a compilation of more than 30,000 medical journal articles that he and Dr. Gaby have accumulated and reviewed in over 12,000 hours of library research since 1969.
These articles include both basic and clinical research related to prevention and treatment of disease with diet and nutrients.
Major medical journals reviewed back to 1920
Dr. Wright has reviewed major medical journals back to 1920
Major journals such as the Journal of the American Medical Association, The Lancet, The New England Journal of Medicine, etc have been completely reviewed back to 1920.
Other journals reviewed back to 1985
Dr. Wright has reviewed other medical journals back to 1985
More than 300 other scientific journals have been reviewed from 1985 to the present.
Dr. Wright has taught other doctors for 26 years
Dr. Wright has taught other doctors about nutritional treatments for 26 years
In addition to this, for the past 26 years (starting in 1983)…
Every few years, Dr. Wright has also taught a three-day intensive seminar for physicians called “Clinical Applications of Nutritional Biochemistry” later the name was changed to “Nutritional Therapy in Medical Practice”.
Dr. Wright has taught other doctors about bioidentical hormone
Dr. Wright has taught other doctors about bioidentical hormone since 2005
Dr. Wright has also served as the key speaker in 4-day seminars teaching the clinical aspects of bioidentical hormone supplementation to health professionals.
These seminars are put on with the BioIdentical Hormone Society and the International Bioidentical Hormone Society.
Why doesn’t my doctor know about this?
If your doctor tells you nutritional treatments are nonsense, they are saying this out of ignorance
You may be thinking…
“I find this hard to believe.”
“When I asked my doctor about nutritional therapies or natural treatments, …”
“… my doctor told me that nutritional therapies are nonsense.
You may be thinking…
“… my doctor told me that nutritional therapies are quackery…”
You may be thinking…
“… my doctor told me that nutritional therapies don’t work.”
You may be thinking…
“Wouldn’t my doctor know if nutritional therapies really worked?”
No training about nutritional treatments in medical school
Doctors get training about nutritional treatments in medical school
In medical school, doctors get absolutely no training about nutritional treatments and almost no training about nutrition.
A total of a one-hour lecture on nutrition in medical school
Medical students said they only had a one-hour lecture on nutrition in medical school
I will play an audio clip from a 2005 speech by Abram Hoffer, MD, PhD where he says that 40 fourth-year medical students had come to see him recently to learn about the nutritional therapy he discovered 50 years ago which cures schizophrenia in a majority of cases.
( Yes, really. It involves using high doses of niacin and other nutrients. )
When asked how much training on nutrition had these medical students received in medical school, they said they had only had a one (1) hour lecture on nutrition.
A total of one hour.
Instead, medical school teaches doctors…
If a patient’s blood pressure is high, give them one of these drugs.
If a patient’s cholesterol is high, give them one of these drugs.
If a patient’s blood sugar is high, give them one of these drugs.
If a patient is is depressed, give them one of these drugs.
If a patient is is anxious, give them one of these drugs.
If a patient can’t sleep, give them one of these drugs.
Etc, etc, etc.
So, in medical school, doctors learn about drugs… drugs… and more drugs… but they learn absolutely nothing about nutritional therapies, and almost nothing about nutrition.
Most doctors only give drugs
Most doctors only give drugs and never even try nutritional treatments because that is what they are taught in medical school
So what do most doctors do throughout their entire career?
Give drugs and more drugs and more drugs!
Because that is what they were taught to do in medical school!
Many doctors also believe nutritional therapies must not be effective because they did not learn about them in medical school.
In other words…
“If I don’t know about it, it must not be important… it must not be real… it must not be effective… there must no evidence for it because I’ve never learned about it.”
So if your doctor tells you that nutritional therapies are nonsense realize that they are not speaking out of knowledge, but rather they are saying this out of ignorance.
Who do you believe?
Who are you going to believe? Dr. Wright with 40 years of experience with nutritional therapies? Or your doctor who had a one-hour lecture on nutrition in medical school?
Who would you rather listen to about this?
Dr. Jonathan Wright has reviewed over 30,000 articles on nutritional therapies over the last 40 years…
… or your doctor who had a one hour lecture on nutrition in medical school?
I know who I’m going to listen to.
Dr. Abram Hoffer talks about this
The YouTube video includes a short audio clip of Dr. Abram Hoffer talking about this
Here is an audio clip from a 2005 speech given by Abram Hoffer, MD, PhD at an Orthomolecular Conference.
Other articles about Dr. Wright
Here are links to other articles about Dr. Wright.
- Jonathan Wright, MD’s book on bioidentical hormone replacement is the BEST notes Dr. Mercola
- Women (and men) using bioidentical hormone replacement do better in every way, Jonathan Wright, MD
- Bioidentical hormone replacement does much more good than harm notes Jonathan Wright, MD
- Not only do estrogen & testosterone drop, but DHEA, thyroid, & other hormones drop also, Dr. Wright
- The Chinese used bioidentical hormone replacement a thousand years ago notes Jonathan Wright, MD
- Bioidentical hormone replacement dramatically reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s, Jonathan Wright, MD
- Bioidentical hormones (and all other hormones) should NOT be taken orally, Jonathan Wright, MD
- Bioidentical hormones (and all other hormones) should NOT be taken sublingually, Jonathan Wright, MD
- DHEA should NOT be taken orally; it gets converted into estrogen in the liver, Jonathan Wright, MD
- Provera is NOT progesterone, and does NOT belong in the body notes Jonathan Wright, MD
- Jonathan Wright, MD teaches a 3-day course on Bioidentical Hormone Replacement for doctors
- How to find a doctor who understands proper use of bioidentical hormones, Jonathan Wright, MD
- Jonathan Wright, MD tells how two patients 40 years ago opened his eyes to natural treatments
- Type 2 Diabetes can be predicted 20 years ahead of time looking at insulin levels, Jonathan Wright
- About one-third of people have normal blood sugar, but produce too much insulin, Jonathan Wright, MD
- Many people in 40’s and above get indigestion from LOW stomach acid notes Jonathan Wright, MD
- 99% of the time indigestion, heartburn, bloating & gas is from LOW stomach acid, Jonathan Wright, MD
- NONE of his patients who were taking acid-blocking drugs had ever been tested, Jonathan Wright, MD
- People with low stomach acid often feel tired due to malnutrition, Jonathan Wright, MD
- About 5% of people with low stomach acid need stomach reconditioning, Jonathan Wright, MD
- Antacids and acid-blocking drugs cause malnutrition notes Jonathan Wright, MD
- People with low stomach acid or taking acid-blocking drugs are malnourished, Jonathan Wright, MD
- Stomach acid measured by gastric analysis by radio telemetry notes Jonathan Wright, MD
Articles on the same subject can be found here:
Please feel free to share your comments about this article.
© Copyright 2003-2017 - Larry Hobbs - All Rights Reserved.